The “I am” quotation/affirmation – a visualization.

The messenger.

A Quotation from The Milk Is White (This is you too, dear reader, so visualise each line carefully):

As the droplet is to the ocean,
I am.
As the lick of flame is to the fire,
I am.
As the sunbeam is to sunlight,
I am.
As the Great Spirit is,
I am.

Here is a visualisation:

re. line 1. Visualise a drop of water dropped into a glass of water; it is one with the water but still exists in its own right.

re. line 2. Visualise a fire and a lick of its flame; the lick is often separate from the fire but is still part of it. Without the fire it does not exist.

re. line 3. Visualise sunlight and a sunbeam. The sunbeam exists only because something has blocked out part of the ambient sunlight. Remove the block, and the sunbeam merges with the ambient sunlight. What appeared to be separate is now all one – yet the sunbeam still exists as it was.

re. line 4. Visualise, therefore, the relationship of “I am” (you) to the Great Spirit which is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient – the Creative Force, God. Hence, “I am” is all these things.

About Ian Gardner

Ian Gardner was born on the 20th February 1934 in Sri Lanka, then Ceylon, and christened Basil Ian Gunewardene. He was born two months prematurely and nearly died five times in his first two months. He moved to Australia in September 1969 where he changed his surname to Gardner. From childhood, he had an enquiring mind and an innate interest in the supernatural. Since 1986, nineteen years of regular periods of meditation, "searching within", reading and revelations have culminated in this free book which has been nine years in the making. Further writings followed and all his writings are available to all on the Internet free of charge. There is more information in the preface of the book.
This entry was posted in The purpose of life and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The “I am” quotation/affirmation – a visualization.

1. Reader says:

Ian,
    Thanks for the reply.

I have just returned from a short vacation in the himalayas.

Summary of the vacation: A person sees miracles when he doesn’t see himself as one.

2. StHaelRazor says:

Reblogged this on The Light of God Never Fails and commented:
    Thank you, Ian!!!

3. Do / act on Spiritual science All problems would be solved easily
    My name is Djoko Putranto; let me tell you about myself. I grew up in a poor family. After I graduated from high school, I had to make money just for living by selling newspapers from house to house. I had to work hard to be able to attend some courses. I had applied for jobs but was continually rejected. For the next 6 (six) years, I became older and older without having enough money and with bad Mental health until one day I found a book about How to get great success in life . That is a really Spiritual science. I read it many times, tried to understand, practice carefully. In two months, I gradually became a totally new person. The world looked more beautiful. I would say: Life is good; life is beautiful I felt friendlier to others. For the first time someone said: You have a happy face. Finally, after less than two months I got a good job in a state bank and 6 (six) years later I got Financial freedomand very good health. I have new hobby collecting Anime art and Cute background

• Ian Gardner says:

Dear Djoko,
      WELCOME HERE! It is always pleasing to see a life changed as you describe.
      You focus, understandably, on “success” but the question is, ‘What is success as you define it?’ There is material success which is a path to nowhere and there is spiritual success which leads to total success not involving material life. I am interested in what you have to say in response to this.
      🙂

4. Reader says:

Ian,

Thank you.

I am not a very ambitious man.

I feel joy in little things. I smile at the smallest sight of harmony in Nature. I am happy to see a flower, I love to watch the sea, I like to get wet in the rain, I enjoy the cold breeze on my warm skin, I share my silence with birds on a hill top. I feel joy in little things.

Today “I am” is a complete expression for me. I seek no characteristics to describe myself. I am present, able and sentient. I do not know how to compare it in size or scope to omni-presence, omni-potence or omni-science. I am content with what I am. I have no relationship with the creator or the created. I am the Creator and I am the Created – never mind how big or small.

Visualize this too:

I am the Karma, I am the Effort, I am the Anamoly, I am the Cure;
    I am the Desires, I am the Sacrifice, I am the Past, Present and Future;
    I am the Spirit, I am the Ritual, I am the Aesthetic Manifestations;
    I am the Force, I am the Stillness, I am the Witness, I am the Shelter;
    I am the Destroyer, I am the Creator, I am the Effect, I am the Cause;
    I am Warm, I am Cold, I am Wet, I am Hard And I am Formless;
    I am Timeless and I am Bound, I am and I am also ‘Not’

(This is my understanding of the Ninth Chapter of the Gita)

However, I do not know enough to say “I am not” . I still have a long way to go…

🙂

• Ian Gardner says:

Sorry to be so late but I have just come across this comment of your. In the final analysis – realisation or whatever we may call it – “I am” and “I am not” are the same so don’t worry about it.
      P.S. 🙂 I now notice the last line in your understanding of the Gita quote above!

Does this help you?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s