Arrogance.

The messenger.

Pause, if you will, and visualize this Earth as we can now see it; consider the movement of the oceans, the air and the land masses, and note the awesome power inherent in this movement. Consider also that all mankind can pit against this awesome power is its puny arrogance, doing this continuously while it destroys its very home in the pitiful belief that its mind can rectify the destruction it creates. Such is the attitude that one day has to be brought to account.

About Ian Gardner

Ian Gardner was born on the 20th February 1934 in Sri Lanka, then Ceylon, and christened Basil Ian Gunewardene. He was born two months prematurely and nearly died five times in his first two months. He moved to Australia in September 1969 where he changed his surname to Gardner. From childhood, he had an enquiring mind and an innate interest in the supernatural. Since 1986, nineteen years of regular periods of meditation, "searching within", reading and revelations have culminated in this free book which has been nine years in the making. Further writings followed and all his writings are available to all on the Internet free of charge. There is more information in the preface of the book.
This entry was posted in The purpose of life and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Arrogance.

1. Pingback: 2010 in review | The Journey up the mountain.

2. Parmaatma says:

I pause… and this is what comes to my mind…

This earth with its atmosphere is like a mother’s womb. It conserves everything including life.

To be born of this womb, life requires a certain grace and strength. Surely not mechanical power, which can never be enough to match the power of the earth.

But like the strength of the fragrance that leaves a flower. Even then, Life will still remain in the universe.

I wonder what it takes to leave this universe!

🙂

• Ian Gardner says:

A good analogy! I wonder, though, whether someone experiencing an extremely difficult life would see it this way?
      Regarding: “I wonder what it takes to leave this universe!” the answer is attaining Nirvana or, better still, full enlightenment.

• Parmaatma says:

Thank you.

I am amazed many times at how everything mimics something else in the known world.

From the physical appearance of objects revolving in space to genetics, it seems like one equation or mix or algorithm is applied to create many forms and features.

Is that too simple or too complex? Who knows…

I agree, I am ignorant and I agree I don’t know what I don’t know. But I cannot deny that I am sacred of Nirvana.

I am not going to be attached to your non-attachment… 🙂

• Parmaatma says:

Oops Correction: But I cannot deny that I am scared of Nirvana.

Sorry, I can never say anything briefly and without corrections.

😦

• Ian Gardner says:

All is well!! 🙂
            I suppose you are aware of the Sacred Science of Numbers?

• Parmaatma says:

All is well. Thank you.

I am not aware of the Sacred Science of Numbers.

I have never gone beyond Quantum Physics which unfortunately prides itself on the ‘Uncertainty Principle’.

I haven’t resolved the predictability of Time. The Space-Time fabric that Einstein postulated left me more confused.

I can’t imagine the relevance of Time for an object moving around in circles.

My basic premise has been this:

Space and energy are primary existents. Energy requires space to exist.

So Space precedes energy in the order of creation.

Anyone or anything that created space cannot be in the space and create it at the same time.

There has to be another dimension from which a 3 dimensional space can be cut out – a dimension that defies my imagination, and consequently my ability to measure it.

I have never considered numbers to be sacred (going by the definition you have given).

I can create my own rational quantums to measure anything – not necessarily numbers.

Did I read your question right?

I don’t know the sacred science of numbers.

• Ian Gardner says:

You are obviously a thinker – good!
                When you read what I have written, if you do – and that is your choice of course – you will come across quite a lot about the reality that scientists cannot reach and why they cannot do so. Einstein got close and Sir James Jeans came close too.
                Regarding The Sacred Science of Numbers, that is not my term for it – as I said recently in reality nothing is sacred in the true sense of the word and I am not being disrespectful here, simply factual – have a look on the web.

Does this help you?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s